Sunday, November 8, 2009

Alive!



I am actually keeping a plant alive right now. I know, hard to believe. I had a black thumb all the way through high school, but when it came time to keep a human alive (Baby K), I acquired quite a green thumb. I have been working on rooting succulent cuttings in dirt for future projects and potential christmas presents. Currently, I have over 15 rooted babies, all alive and growing! Slowly, I've been transferring them into special coffee mugs, tins and jars that I have been collecting for just that purpose. I am so excited to give them away.

Oh something else fun that I finished. I have really wanted a new little pocket sketch book to carry around with me. After looking at a lot of different things, I decided to make one. I ended up with exactly what I wanted. Then, I naturally had to make a cover. So, I dug into my scraps and came up with the turquoise. I had to do something woodsy, so a stump graced the front. Obviously, I had to make the stump look like wood. In the end I added some green moss on the side, glued the whole thing together and now I have a book! Huzzah!
So what shall my next project be?

1 comment:

  1. Keeping a human alive versus a plant...yes, you have gained some confidence in that area and YES you can keep a whole garden alive now if you want!! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete